8/20/08

CounterTERROR #3: Promotional Pin-Up Thumbnail

I wrote last week about posting a call for artists on Digital Webbing. Doing so has been quite fruitful, as I've been in talks with a number of incredible artists, and I'm planning on working with some of them.

What I've decided to do in most cases is establish a relationship with the artist by first commissioning him or her to do a pin-up or cover type image for one of my comic properties. Assuming that goes well for both parties, we'll then move into talking more about working on a longer comic project.

Case in point: I've commissioned artist Stefano Cardoselli to do a counterTERROR pin-up. Stefano's style is lively and slightly demented, and I thought he'd do a bang up job on a pin-up for my action/horror tale. No stranger to the Zombie genre, Stefano is another Zuda veteran. He was the artist on Robodeath, which was in a competition several months ago.

Featured here is a thumbnail of the counterTERROR pin-up he's doing. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished piece, and will definitely be showcasing it here. Check out more of Stefano's work at his website.

No comments: