9/18/08

Tears of the Dragon #1: Introduction

It seems this is my big week for announcing new comic projects, so here is another one. Tears of the Dragon is the fantasy epic I teased in my monthly projects update post earlier this month.

I'm teaming up with Indonesian artist Koko Amboro to tell this story, and he's done some incredible character designs, which I'll be sharing over the next couple of weeks.

As I mentioned earlier, this is a story that's been kicking around in my head since high school. Up until a few weeks ago, it had been years since I've spent any time working on this project. However, during my call for artists last month, and after seeing Koko's art, the first project that came to my mind was this long dormant fantasy story. I'm confident Koko is perfect for it.

As you can see, he really nailed this pin-up! A special thanks to Alan Adelberg for coloring this piece.

Have to admit, I'm not 100% committed to the title"Tears of the Dragon." It's definitely appropriate, but it's still a working title. The story, however, is one of my favorite things I've written, and I think people are going to really enjoy the story Koko and I will tell.

No comments: