6/5/08

Velvet Rope # 7: Set-backs and Progress



Good news and bad news time. The good news is that the pencils for my story for Arcana's Velvet Rope horror anthology helmed by Mark Poulton, tentatively called "Friend Request" are progressing nicely.

The bad news is that they aren't progressing fast enough. Turns out my submission was one of the last ones Mark recieved, and he wants to get all finished pages in by mid-June. Now, even if it wasn't crunch time at work requiring some 12-14 hour days, and even if I wasn't in the middle of moving residences, I could probably buckle down and knock out my penciled pages. But given that Bong hasn't had a chance to start inking pages yet, it's doubtful he'll be able to finish by then. And there's NO WAY we'd be able to get the pages colored and lettered in time. So, I'm sad to say, my story most likely won't make it into Velvet Rope #1.

I'm a little bummed. I think it's a cool little story, perfect for an anthology series. But on the brightside, Mark and Arcana are planning for success with this anthology, and he said he'll reserve a spot for "Friend Request" in issue #2. So, I'll continue to work on it. As it is no longer a rush job, I can take the time to make sure it's of really high quality when it does see print.

Anyway, check out finished pencils for pages 2 and 3.

1 comment:

dragonfuze said...

I know how you feel. My story SCRATCH would never have made it either. I'm working with Jacob on this and we are taking our time to get it all right.