5/21/09

Tweet Tweet


I'm a relatively new Twitter user, but yes, I am a tweeting. You can follow me @tylerjamescomic if you so choose. (Or, if you look to the left of this blog post, you'll see my Twitter feed featured on this blog, and can follow me by clicking on the Follow tab.) It took a little while for me to understand the hows, and more importantly the whys of Twitter, but I totally get it now.

I've been a Facebook user for years now, and the concept of the "status update" from your friends was a familiar one. But as I've heard it described recently, Twitter is also tool to get status updates from your friends, except all your friends can be celebrities if you want. And that's totally what it is.

While I'm following plenty of my close personal friends, it's definitely cool to follow big name artists and other creators I look up to. It's oddly interesting to know what Jim Lee had for breakfast, for example. Last week was the big annual Marvel creative summit. Monitoring Tweets from Brian Bendis, Jason Aaron, and others is about as close as I'll get to being there (for the time being, anyway.)

I also figured out how to rig it so I can text in Tweets, and did some of that while tabling at the Boston Comic Con. And then, I figured out how to hook it up so that my Facebook status would automatically be updated when sent a Tweet. Which means I can also update my FB status via text message. Technology is so freaking cool.

No comments: