1/22/09

New York Comic Con #1 - I'm Going!

I'll be attending the New York Comic Con again this year. This year's con is two months earlier than last year's (yay, NYC in February!) but looks to be just as big.

I'll admit, last year, I was completely overwhelmed at the con. I'm hoping to be a little more focused and get more out of this year's show (and I don't just mean buy more comics.)

Since 2009 has had a strong "goal oriented" theme to it already, I figured it'd be worth setting some con goals for myself as well.

NY COMIC CON 2009 GOALS
  • Attend at Least 5 Panels- There are some great sessions this year. I attended a few interesting panels last year, but also missed out on plenty of good ones. I'll do a later post with the panels I'm most interested in checking out.
  • Remember My Camera! - Last year I forgot the damn thing, which is a shame. There were plenty of interesting characters and costumes in attendance, and I definitely wish I had it on me.
  • Network, Network, Network! - Another one of my New Year's Resolutions, I really want to do a good job meeting people in the industry this weekend. I'm attending the creator's only hours (yup, I'll be rocking the professionals pass) on Friday, and hopefully that will be a good time. But this year, I want to spend a good amount time in the Small Press and Artists alleys and just talk to a bunch of creators. I also want to head down to Podcast alley, and talk to some of the big comics podcasters, and see about lining up some more podcast interviews.
  • Talk to the Zuda Editors- Last year I met several Zuda creators, but didn't get a chance to introduce myself to any of the Zuda editorial team. I hope to come away from the con with a sense of whether they think either of two of my comic projects are a good fit for their site, and try to handicap my chances for getting into another competition soon.
More on the con to come...

No comments: