While I'm not sure entirely what to expect, I am setting out with a number of goals in mind. In no particular order:
- Pass out all of my Super Seed postcards...probably going to take all weekend.
- Meet the Zuda Comics gang, and thank them for giving Super Seed a shot on their site. I also am looking forward to meeting the High Moon and Bayou creative teams and seeing some of their work up close.
- Get some books signed! I'm packing a select number of comics by a number of creators that will be there.
- Check out some panels and exhibits. Some things that look cool include: The Incredible Hulk and The Spirit first looks, Comic Writer's Talking About Writing, and Comics Experience: The Art of Storytelling.
- Meet Rob Liefeld and some of the members of his board. I've been "hanging out" at his forum for the past few years. There's a ton of talent that posts over there, and I've collaborated with a bunch of them. It'll be nice to put some faces to screennames.
- Do some artist hunting. I've a project called The Reclamation that I'm currently looking for an artist to collaborate with. Planning on surfing Artists Alley looking for an up-and-comer that might want to collaborate.
- Get some deals! I love hitting up the quarter bins, and I hear cons are a great place to buy trades at a deep discount.
Looks like it's going to be a busy weekend.